written in Java.
- BasicIO, BasicIOw and BasicIOs
BasicIO, BasicIOw and BasicIOs
One of the BasicIO, BasicIOw and BasicIOs
extension always loaded by the interactive interpreter program (but not
the interpreter is started by a user program, in which case it may be
if so desired). These extensions provide support for basic output (to
standard output), basic error message display, user prompt,
loading and program exit. The only difference between these packages is
the BasicIOw and BasicIOs use windows for the
alert, prompt and confirm functions, while
just use the console. BasicIOw is for use with AWT
programs, and BasicIOs is for use with Swing based programs.
Using the wrong version is likely to cause various disasters, as AWT
and Swing do not fit together very well! When using the interactive
interperter, BasicIOw is loaded via the -w option,
BasicIOs via the -s option.
The following global objects and routines are defined by BasicIO
The documentand windowobjects are only used to ease
scripts which can be tested in a browser as well as with FESI.
do not have any "window" or "document" functionality.
- alert (message)
- Write an [[alert]] message on the error stream.
- Ask the user for a yes/no confirmation.
- Exit with the specified status (uses System.exit()
, so the program is terminated!).
- load (moduleName)
- Locate the module in the directories and jar/zip files
of the property FESI.path or (if the property is not defined) in the
(possibly adding the extension ".es", ".esw' or ".js"). Load the module
evaluate its content at run-time.
- prompt (query, [default])
- Prompt the user for information, proposing the default
- Write the parameters to the current output stream.
- Write the parameters to the current output
stream, followed by a new line.
when expanding html files.
- Dummy routine for compatibility with
- Dummy routine for compatibility
- Current file being processed
(if defined by the interpreter).
- Same as write
- Same as writeln
- Same as alert
- Same as
- Same as prompt
Return to the main page
Jean-Marc Lugrin 1998-2003 - Under LGPL license
||Last update: 26 August 2003